Friday, April 25, 2008

Princess Rachel

Finished up my "Rachel" book....another acrylic word book. There's still time to order your custom word...just email what you want to liz@scrapbookyourlife.com



I found a hair clip at the swap meet that was the shape of a crown. Horribly rusty rhinestones....so I blotted some cranberry alcohol ink over it and I justLOVE the results!!

Lots of stamping with white stazon ink.



and on the other side, instead of jute for the cothesline, I threaded swarovsky crystals on ribbon. Now there's a clothesline for you!!!



I also added a couple of carms tothe lower right side. I just love this book. Now, remember, Rachel is 15, and she' Liz's daughter and has epilepsy. You should have seen the look on her face when I gave this to her last night! Sheer delight!!!



And here's the page behind the cover. Used the new wood laser cut swirls, dipped in ink, covered with glitter. Just perfect on the top flower swirl.




PHoto mounts ready for Rachel to add her pics:



Is this adorable? A true princess!



My girly grunge that I blogged yesterday. Lots of white pen over ink.



OK, let's hear the oohs! and aahs! Quickutz cookie cutter 12" flourish border in pewter, textured with metal repoussee tools from MercArtUSA, painted with alcohol inks, covered in glossy accents, adhered to the acrylic page.....



and a background page added....I LOVE this die!!!



Here's a closeup of the detail of the die:



Spellbinders nestabilities, placed randomly on paper, cut out (not embossed) and I'm using the negative here over lighter paper....funky little photo frames for Rachel to use:



That was the photo mount on the left, this is the page behind the flourish border:



and the photo mount on the back of that



what a fun page! Lots of stamps on the top



more ungrunged grungeboard




and even more:



and here it is without the acrylic overlay:



This is Melissa's technique...mix glitter with faux flock and adhere on wet glue:



which is an asolutely adorable way to add fur to the poodle!!!



butterfly brads dipped in silver embossing powder



and dipped in purple glitter embossing powder



and the last photo mount



Now, back to that cover. I cut the jammies out of a sheet of paper, twice, and popped with dots, adhered to the hanger and used a glitter pen on the dark pink



the dress is an adorable stamp that I double stamped and layered with pop dots and tied a delicate ribbon around the top



and a purchased ballerina sticker. Mine look just as good!



a close up of the crown, but also an paper flower...I really like these!



Tiny little fairies stamped throuhout the book that you have to hunt to find



more of the glitter technique on wood diecuts



these little gals are about 1" tall....and they are hidden throughout the book as well



Can you tell that I truly let the little girl in me dance and play as I put this all together? I just kept thinking....act like you are 15...find the child in you, let her play.

I think we did well!!!

No comments: