Saturday, March 7, 2009

Make Your Own Friendly Plastic cutters

This is just too cool and yes, they'll work on your polymer clay as well! These little cookie cutters are in the cake decorating aisle at Hobby Lobby and are only 50 cents each.

I didn't like the dog bone but wanted a fetish bear.  All you need are a pair of needle nose pliars, flat nose pliars and some round nose pliars and you can bend and shape the original design into just about anything you want!

I just laid a strip over gold and let it melt down into it, then cut it while it was warm.

Backed it with a piece of black that I cut out as well.

For this one, I just laid a whole bunch of scraps down on my silpat, melted them, then cut into them - gives me a totally different look:

These little cutters came in tons of shapes....but I bought a few of the dog bones as I think they will be the easiest to reshape.  Who knows what shape I'll try next!  But what a great way to get your own design as a cutter!

3 comments:

Debby said...

This is clever of course. You are the queen of clever. I have a ton of friendly plastic I don't know what the heck to do with.

Jennifer Moore Lowe said...

oh Debby, just keep checking here, then at Linda's blog and at the Friendly Plastic blog - I think we'll show you plenty of things to do with your Friendly Plastic. Linda's editing videos and in a few days, I'll be posting some of my own!

Anonymous said...

Completely reshaping the cookie cutter is terrific--it will be fun to see what shapes you come up with next.