Sunday, March 23, 2008

Layering dies, can it be done?

Some days I think only the tip of what you can do with die cuts has been discovered. So here's something you can try...layer up your dies! Yes...literally stack them on top of each other like this. I used the Seed packet die and a little square embellishment from the Sweet Garden edgeability die.



Do not emboss, just die cut. It's the standard sandwich in the Wizard. It won't hurt a thing. Just remember to put both cut edges facing up!



A sweet way to showcase a photo and have a little embellishment left over. :o)



You can do this with any combination of dies. Here, I'm layering one of the stars form the star nestability die with the seed packet:



Just cuts so perfectly!



Again, I could put a photo in here, add a tag, just about anything. The key...cut, do not emboss. As long as you don't emboss, the word "seeds" will not show up and you can have new options for an older die!



So stay tuned. Tomorrow, I plan to kick this technique up a level! Bet you are wondering what I could do next?

No comments: