Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Eight Nights of Lights - Night 3

When I was a little girl in Sunday School, we sang this song:

This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine, this little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. And it went on verse after verse after verse. Shine til Jesus comes again. Shine all over Perkinsville. ...we just made them up and sang it forever!



My blog has become my little light and while it may not shine all over....I hope it brings a little light into your night. Now, light can be fun stuff, education, wisdom, quirky sayings....it can mean all kinds of things. I hope if nothing else, you find my comments interesting and/or entertaining!



Tradition states that the first 2 nights of Hanukkah are important celebrations, but tonight the festivities become quieter and you spend time with immediate family, keeping the focus on tradition. I've just spent the past 2 days with mom - quiet and peaceful. Moments filled sharing memories and making new ones.



I gave up the hustle and bustle of this holiday season a few years back. And I absolutely love it! Because now I have the luxury of time....time to share this fun tutorial with you!!!




You can purchase black hot glue at After Midnight Stamps. Click here for Accent Scrapbooking's website.The snowflake blossoms are from Creative Impressions - another Colorado company. Swarovsky crystals are from Creative Crystal. And all my backgrounds are done with Ranger products. Credit for much of this technique goes to my good friend, Sherri Burrisk. I just "altered" it a bit! Who would have thought that a little alcohol ink or powdered mica would make hot glue embellishments this cool?

Tonight, may you find peace and joy with your family. May your little light shine a little brighter this 3rd night of lights!

No comments: