Monday, April 7, 2008

Nested Hearts!



OK, first, let's number these dies. Let's say that # 1 is the smallest die and # 6 is the largest die. And on my blog...we'll start numbering each of the nestabilities in this manner.

So, here you have the nested heart dies, # 1 - # 6:




For this one, I'm going to use the # 5 scalloped heart (next to the largest) and the # 4 classic heart dies. Cut your paper 7 1/2" x 4 1/2" and fold it in half. Place the fold just beneath the upper arches of the scalloped heart like this and cut:



Next, place a piece of printer magnet paper (available at Office Depot or Walmart) on the white emboss mat. Then place the classic die inside the heart die.



Place the folded paper on top of this:



then place the tan emboss mat and white cut mat on top of that.

When you are done, the next steip is to ink it. The classic heart will emboss inside of the scalloped heart while the scalloped edges emboss:



Take a 1/16" hole punch and punch 2 holes on each side of the top, half way in:



Stamp your sentiments and flourishes, then outline with Ranger's new white pen and add lots of dots! Once again, I'm using all Lucy McGoo Stamps here. If you can't find them...I think I can send you a link! LOL!



Thread lace ribbon through the top, up through a bead.....



And the finished project will flip open. I'm using Scrapperdashery's 2-sided paper for all of these.



Here's a smaller version using the # 4 scallop and the # 2 classic:



As you can imagine, you could also do the classic on the outisde and the scallop on the inside. Once again, the possibilities are endless....just more reasons to play!

If you can't find Ranger's new white pens, email me!

2 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

I can't find Ranger's new white pens!!!! LOL!!

By the time, I read your message via digest, I was too late to order with the group. UGH!

Do you have a link? LMK! Thanks :0)

Jennifer Moore Lowe said...

I ordered extra! :o)