Monday, March 9, 2009

Friendly Plastic Punch Fusion

Did you know that your Crop-a-dile and Big Bite will pop holes right through a Friendly Plastic strip?



So, take the "negative space" - the gold here, and place it over a piece of black and put them on the griddle at just about 185 degrees



When they melt into each other....you will get your own design. What a great way to use the negative space....and I still have all the tiny circles to use on something else.



I found a cute little high heel shoe cutter in the baking section of Hobby Lobby for 50 cents and think it's just perfect for this piece of custom made Friendly Plastic.



My friend, Susan, said that playing with Friendly Plastic is so theraputic. I think I have to agree with her. I find it relaxing, creative, and just sheer fun!!! Have I got you playing yet???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the shoe. Maybe a little combing through the plastic would make it look like animal print. But, cool just the way it is. I wait joyfully each day to see what new you come up with. Keep it up.

Jennifer Moore Lowe said...

Pulling the comb through it is called "chevron" and you can add that to any of the techniques that I'm doing here. So that would then be "Friendly Plastic Chevron Punch Fusion" - at least that's what I'd call it. Or it could be Punch Fusion Chevron....We're working hard to give everything a label. I've changed the title to some of my older posts to reflect technique names.

Myléne Hillam said...

I'm so glad you discovered the Cropodile works with Friendly Plastic. I've been using biopsy punches to do this but they're hard on the palms of your hands, although they do have the advantage of being able to punch multiple size holes.
P.S. I LOVE the shoe - really cute!