Monday, March 2, 2009

Diecutting Friendly Plastic with a Cricut!!!

We did it!!! Yeah us!!! With a little help from our friend Kathy, we were able to diecut friendly plastic with the cricut! Is that just amazing???



So once we got it tested, I decided to add colorant and see just how big we could go. Mixed this with cranberry alcohol ink:



This one is 3" across! It's actually the angel wings from the dress up cartridge....but sure looks like a butterfly to me!



You will need to roll the Friendly Plastic paper thin, then tape it to the cut mat and that's all it takes. Slowest speet, Most pressure, thick cut blade on highest setting, and cut it out 3 times. WOW!!! Here's what's left and remember...just toss it back into the hot water, remelt it and reuse it!!!



My gosh! Diecutting Friendly Plastic with the cricut! What's next? Oh yeah, I need to go emboss this in a cuttlebug folder and ink it up!!! LOLOL!!!

2 comments:

Jann Gray said...

This is just a WOW! Thanks for figuring out all the details on this one! Can't wait to try it!

Pattyjo said...

I have lots of friendly plastic I picked up, but so far its just being stored. I didn't even know what it was called for a long time. It seems so brittle, how can it be rolled out?