Monday, April 28, 2008

Secret Treasures

I think perhaps one of my more fun classes is the one I call "Scrap the crap!" I tell students to bring in their worst piece of paper, the embellishment they "hate" the most, or the oldest thing they have....and we will turn it into a wonderful treasure box. Here's what I did with leftover bits and pieces from all the projects I've made the past couple of weeks at Scrapbook Your Life! It's called "Secreat Treasures" because I don't think we really "see" what we can do with all the leftover bits and pieces that we have.



By inking the background papers....I can mix and match almost anything I have. Here, I painted the cigar box (that I got at the swap meet for $1.00) with pink paint....then distressed the paint with distress ink. And then my ungrunged grungeboard....



By inking the diecut felt strips, cutting out elements, placing them to cover "seams"...you can do so much with the little remnants that you have. Of course, a little bling always adds to the project!



Can you identify prior blogs using this paper? Hard to say with how I've inked it!



On the very back, I made up little collages using leftover stickers...inking them to tone down some of the bright colors:



I never throw out anything! My class yesterday learned that as we used the reverse side of paper that we punched out tags from to find the words for our "high style" booklet.

I have a ton of scraps still left over and decided that I needed something to store them in at Scrapbook Your Life! until my next trip out. Oh! Just wait til I get it all finished and blog it....you are going to want to do this to everything in your play area! But that's a couple more days away! Today, I'm taking a day off. Getting a manicure and pedicure...pamper time with my friend, Lucky! Can hardly wait to get into the massage chair! Hope you do something fun today!!!

No comments: