Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mickey Business

Have you ever seen me play so hard? I did this little 4" square acrylic book in less than an hour!!! Sheer fun! I decided to combine painting with acrylic and some stickers....and I love the results! So first...let's talk about altering stickers. The original sticker said "MONKEY business". See how I fixed that? LOL!

This book is just 4 pages. No paper. So watch what happens as I lift the pages (you can see through to what's behind them!)



You can add photos or stamped sentiments, rubons or peel-offs to the "frames" that I created. Note I've layered various elements from different sticker packages to get the look I want. Do you see the alligator???



And who says you have to paint solid? Or in the lines? This is BETTER than kindergarten! :o) Oh, I used Ranger's cut-n-dry foam that I cut into 1" x 2" rectangle shapes to do all my painting. So easy!



On the final page, I "painted" the palm tree leaves and the little bushes at the bottom using the foam and arylic paints. Don't forget, you can paint on the back side of the acrylic to give it some depth and then put your stickers on the front. The black sticker says "do you believe in magic?" I think the whole concept of acrylic journals is pure magic! Flip the pages....now you see it, now you don't!





And of course, I used my bind-it-all for the closure. The acrylic squares are bind-it-all covers...I just used 2 sets to make my little book as a store sample.

I do think this week, I need to make a few things just for me! Problem is, when Liz, the store owner, sees them...she wants them! LOL! I need to find some 8x8 acrylic squares. Hmm....time to go shopping???

No comments: