I did it! I'm just so excited. I had this idea in my head that you should be able to use a bind-it-all machine as a center core for a star book....and low and behold...it's possible!
So, here is the outside, this one is called "Love Notes" and yes, I'm working on a few more of these! Notice the binding on the left hand side.
The letters are really cheap (99cents a sheet) plastic letter that I altered using Ranger's Dimensional glaze and a piece of cut n' dry foam. Just use the foam to pounce the paint onto the letters with and the end result is a textured letter. And those are 2 of the new heart shaped nestability dies form Spellbinders. Again, I'm using papers form Scrapperdashery.
And there you have it...a star book using the bind it all coils for the center spine. Oh my...could it get any easier???
For the outside, on this "page", I've used the heart nestability die again. Because the new dies are free (not multiple dies on one plate) I can position them anywhere on a page. Just LOVE that idea!!!
Another new Spellbinder's die....Flying Beauties. I also ran this page through the cuttlebug script folder, added a few stamps, and some Peel-Offs.
For this page, I used punches. The title is "Love Notes" and you can see a note tucked behind the page on the right.
On this page, I used a Sizzix embossing plate...tiny squares...that matched my punch.
Another Spellbinders die used to punch out the center and a Sizzix texture plate. I used Ranger's distress ink on this project. Note the tiny punches in the upper corner. Just so much fun!
I've used 2 sizes of circle punches, then adhered the diecuts that came out of the previous pages. Another Sizzix texture plate on the background
I never did like stitching the center spine for a star book and am just so happy to have figured out how to do this with the bind it all. If you'd like the measurements and directions for this project, just post here and I'll get them to you!
I do truly love the Bind-it-all....what a fun little machine and it just makes binding so easy.