Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Judi on Judy

Yep, Judi Hodgkin's Scrapperdashey paper on a Judy Stonehouse wood purse!!!



Judi has been here this week from London and we have just been having such a good time playing with her papers....making samples for CHA. This one is going to go to the Colorbox (Clearsnap) booth.



The handle was made with beads and vintage bobbins. I left the thread on, sealed it with Judi*kins Diamond Glaze, and then distressed it with Colorbox Fluid Chalk Queues. Let me tell you, they work great on metal and plastic!



I've used B-Line Designs Ruber stamps....all done with Colorbox Queues. But some of this is Judi's paper, cut out and inked. And I've used a few Oxford Impressions stamps as well.



You can see a close up of an inked bobbin here. For the little wood spools, I cut out strips of stamped paper, inked them, and wrapped them around the spools. And those are new white buttons that I inked with the Colorbox Queues. Great way to get all the colors to coordinate!



You can create a shadow by sketching an outline around the cut out stamped image, and then inking it totally dark. I did this on the dressform and the scissors.



I even inked the snaps.



A view of the back:



And a side view:



Judi on Judy.....a great way to play! And since I happen to love vintage sewing stuff, this paper, these stamps and all this ink...just came together to make this cute little sewing box. If you are attending CHA....check it out at the Clearsnap booth!

1 comment:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Wowza! U R sew clever, luv it! And congrats for the cover of AA!