Sunday, April 12, 2009

Prototype playing

I do love the whole concept of playing. As I sit at the craft table out in the "great hall" at mom's retirement center, so many people will stop by and ask me what I'm doing. I say, "I playing!!!" It is amazing to me the shocked looks that I get. I don't think Mom's generation has done a whole lot of playing! And to see someone my age (yes, I am eligible to move in here!!!) sitting there playing is just something they don't quite grasp. Which makes me giggle!

So, this is my prototype for a class for this next weekend at a scrapbook/stamp show in Denver.  Using the Ultimate Crafter's Companion.  It's sort of a fun tool and after I watched their DVD....you know me...I had to alter their project to fit my needs!  

When I do a prototype, I use white paper.  But today, I decided to add a layer of vellum and I like it so much after it's been inked that this may just be a "white" project.

I'll be making 2 of these books - with optional embellishments for the show.

I've used Impressabilities for the embossing, but will demo brass stencils and cuttlebug folders

And I've used distress inks for this one, but will use Memory mists in one of the others.  Simple, clean - it should be a fun 2 hour class this weekend!

No comments: