Monday, April 13, 2009

Wings

Wow! This is going to be a jam-packed 2 hour class at the expo this weekend!!! Using 5 sheets of letter sized paper, I'll show you how to make this fun star book. But first......we'll do our cover using Spellbinders shapabilities and impressabilities. I'll show you how to use the dies as a brass stencil, how to cut them, how to emboss the impressabilities....

We'll be using the UCC -Ultimate Crafter's Companion to do our folds, scoring, and decorative line embossing:



and we'll use Nestabilities to do the aperture (window) cuts




Look close at this next photo - do you see the impressabilities down the sides? Yep - just cut them to meet your needs!

Rather fun to use shapes as openings.  And note the 4 corners - more scores and cuts.

And we'll be using Lucy McGoo stamps to adorn this cute little book this weekend:


When open - it makes such a fun star!


So from yesterday's prototype to today's finished project - I'll do one more variation some time tomorrow and get that posted.  

Life is a tad crazy at the moment as I fly out to San Diego a week from tomorrow.  I've spent a few hours today preparing blogs for Scrapbook Your Life! so go check out what I've been up to.  Really hard to keep up with 2 blogs this week!  But I think you'll just love how I am introducing my friend, Susan Mostek, to the store out there!    Off to post 2 new classes that I just finished up today for the store!   And then I think I need a nap!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those taking your class this weekend will be lucky to learn how to do this star book.