Sunday, February 22, 2009

Master's degree in cricut - already!

OK, I think I've already earned my master's degree in cricut! LOL!!! What do you think?



I used only Ranger's Distress Ink today and blended to match the background paper. Not too bad, huh? But it looked a little different before I started with the inks. Yes, I'm sharing secrets here....I sort of create my "picture" from all white:




35 diecuts here....and that's just part of it!!! But I like cutting in white 80# cardstock as I can flip them and use the reverse side if it works better.



And the mountains were cut in 3 different sizes and then I cut up the strips to postition them where I needed them!



OK, go check out that top photo again! LOL! Look how closely I matched those mountains to the background paper behind it! Not too bad! This is another LO from mom's door. The poem at the bottom reads:

When I was just a little girl, I had a horse to ride.
All I ever wanted to do was spend my time outside!
I moved out west and raise my kids and painted pictures, too.
Grew some flowers, hiked the hills...always had something to do.
And now I'm here with all my friends making cards and painting scenes.
But I still think I need to "work"...it must be in my genes!!!

Notice the flower garden to the left of the pic of mom and her horse? I just really had a blast deciding what to use on this one. Everything came from the dress up cartridge, so how cool is that? Hope mom will like!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What your brain "sees" is nothing short of amazing. Wonderful LO!

Anonymous said...

You've done it again, Jen!!! Absolutely SPECTACULAR!!!!!!

Clare