Sunday, June 15, 2008

4 ways to use Alcohol Inks

I thought today we'd compare background techniques. The first is just a straight polished stones technique using Stream, Cranberry and Lettuce alcohol inks.



This second one is the very same process, but on clear acrylic, done twice. So apply the ink, let it dry, then apply a second layer using the same piece of felt (no additional ink) on top of the first layer of ink. Back it with white cardstock. I like using peel-offs on the acrylic.



For this next technique, apply the 3 colors of AI to the felt, then apply a drop of pearl metallic mixative. Apply it to glossy cardstock. Then add some blending solution to the felt and apply a second layer. Really gives a nice, soft mottled background. The little kids and swirls are new stamps from MSE that I picked up last week. I just love the little kids!




This last one is a little different. Squiggle some copper mixative onto your non-stick craft sheet. Then I added cranberry and stream AI and some blending solution. Took my glossy cardstock and placed it shiny side down on top of the craft sheet and twisted and lifted it up. A completely different kind ol background. The copper is quite shimmery.



I used a little AI to color the silver dragonfly brad as well. That's my mom's mom as a little girl, printed on mat cardstock and colored with Ranger's foam nibs. These are 4 more techniques that I'll be teaching next month at Scrapbook Your Life!

No comments: