Tuesday, May 20, 2008

SBYL! Technique classes # 2

Where do you stop when you teach techniques? Is it just the background? Or the whole thing? Regardless of where I decide to stop, I'm sure having fun doing samples this week!

I'll call this one "Direct to Wrinkles" LOL! Maybe I should just use my face? I started with white cardstock on black.



Wrinkle up the paper, apply ink direct to the "mountains", spritz and dry. I used distress ink and Ancient Page. Can you tell which is which?



This is Ancient Page by Colorbox. Guess I will also teach basic stamping and diecutting. One of my all time fav diecuts is this flower from the Flower Creations 2 die by Spellbinders.



And here's why I like it....truly 3D...the center petals pop up. I used the same technique to color the white diecut as well.



And is this beyond adorable? When I looked at this distress ink background, I saw teddy bears. So I diecut one of Spellbinders, covered it in glue, dropped on some flock fur, dusted it off and painted on the face, arms and paws with a marker.



I just can't stop with one technique per card....so I think these classes are going to be hopping!

Still don't have a name for this series of ATC sized technique cards. I'm making up labels to print out and put on the back of each card, reminding you what the techniques are and what products are used.

I'm thinking we'll fill up one or more of the 7Gypsies ATC spinners with these. Should be a great way to display them on your workstation!

Again, I'm just posting teasers here, not tutorials! Ornery thing, aren't I?

No comments: