Monday, December 3, 2007

Playing with mom!

Well, in less than 10 minutes, this is what her kitchen counter looked like! Sure doesn't take long for me to make a huge mess.....anywhere!



Today, I'm playing with Colorbox Queues. NEW! First, can I say that I love how these stack. I brought 6 sets of 6 inks...36 cat eye ink pads and they took no space at all....so excellent packaging! These are fluid chalks. So you know me...I put them to the test!



For my first card I used Spellbinders new Cali-lillie window die. It cuts a window in the card as it embosses the area around the window. This just has to be my very favorite new die they have! I LOVE this!!! And I should say that I'm working with white Bazzill cardstock. So you can get a feel for how you can make your own paper! And the butterfly and 2 flowers on top are made with Amaco's pewter. Yep, fluid chalks work perfect to color the metal...just zap it with a heat gun and they are permanent!





So, that was made by applying the ink direct to the paper. Next, I decided to see what happened when I mixed the reinkers with water in a spritz bottle. Well, not too bad! I used a Heidi Swapp mask and then spritzed the color over it and stamped on top of all that. Once again, I started with white cardstock.







For this card, I just painted the stamp with the ink. For the dots, another mask. Again...white cardstock turned into a fun card!



And this may be my favorite one! I used 4 queues, one color for each face in each row....so you can get an idea of the color scheme. How fun!!!




I am so blessed! I get to play with mom for 3 days!!! Well, of course, we went out to lunch, did some shopping, I stopped back at "A Stamp of Excellence" and gave them some quick tips in product use and then back here to make a mess! Now you do know that when I was a little girl, if I'd made a mess this big....I would have been in so much trouble! I guess we've either "grown up"....or maybe we just realize the value of playtime...even at our age!!!

No comments: