Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Collage cards with mom

Well, yet another play day with mom. But you know, we do have our priorities and we "had" to go to the chocolate store. It's a candy store so big it has it's own chocolate room. Cool! So we bought 1/2 pound of home made chocolate fudge and took it over to the gals at A Stamp of Excellence. Yes, 2 days in a row in the stamp store...it's just so sad!

Today, we played with Therm O Web's masking magic. Now, I love collages. I love collage stamps. But sometimes, you just want to make your own. And that's what we did today..and oh! What fun!!!



I'm only going to show you this for the first one, but here are the stamps we used.



And I particularily fell in love with this sentiment stamp "It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them" so I made swirls coming out of her seat (looks like a tail?) LOL! The stamp is from A Stamp of Excellence so give Judi a call and order one for you!

And here's the collage. By creating masks and masking off areas of your page, you can create collages. I like the masking magic because it is clear, you can see through the mask to what's under it.



I colored this one with pastel pencils. I think I could sit and do collages all day long!



Now don't ask me to source the background stamps...I'm not at home. Oxford Impressions...I'm pretty sure that's it. But the sentiment is from A Stamp of Excellence again. I love it! "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up."

That is my goal....to help each of you find the child in you that is the artist!



My dear friend, Jody, sent me this stamp. How cool is it? "Christmas is a strange time....when else do we sit around a dead tree and eat candy out of our socks" Oh...how funny!!!



Now, yes, you can make your own masks by stamping on paper or clear transparency and running it through your xyron to give it a sticky back (use the repositionable adhesive for this). But why reinvent the wheel? Masking magic is absolutely perfect for this task...and you can reuse the masks over and over and over.

Playing with mom. I tell you...it's the greatest!!!

No comments: