Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Paper Towel Art!

What do you do with your paper towels? A few years ago mom was using them in her art and I decided to modify what she was doing a little bit. I love the reaction of Nick Bantock inks to water. Just too cool. So I stamped on the paper towels directly with the ink pads, then spritzed water, scrunched up the paper towel, then laid it out flat and let it dry. Wonderful, gorgeous background colors!



I used only 2 ink pads: Cerulean Azure and Rose Madder....and look at the rainbow of colors they produced! The paisley stamp is from Technique Tuesday and matching chipboard was inked as well. A truly quick, fast way to cover a 50cent journal I picked up at Walmart!

Imagine! Covering a journal with paper towels!!! Wondering if I should play with toilet paper next? LOL!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Wonderful journal! And using paper towels yet; you must be amazing. Paisley is one of my all-time favorite designs. What brand are the ink pads? I've not heard of those colors, but they certainly are gorgeous together. Do you have a tutorial for this?

Donna
donnawb@embarqmail.com

Jennifer Moore Lowe said...

Donna, they are Nick Bantock inks from Ranger Industries. Just go to www.rangerink.com and you can see more of their brilliant colors there. they have the most wonderful interaction with water...such fun to play with!

Tutorial? Not yet...but if you'd like one, I'll be happy to add it to my list of things to do. Let's see...how about 2010? LOLOL!!!

JUST KIDDING! I will try to work on it in the next couple of weeks!

JLo