Thursday, September 5, 2013

If you want it......

There are more gift shops in this little town than I ever knew and the other day, this was hanging on the wall.  I snapped a photo and then the more I thought about it, the more I decided it would be perfect for what I'm doing with the master bath.  I went back to the store....it had been sold!



That weekend, I found these huge bath towels at a garage sale.  More like beach towels - from Loews hotel.  The lady sold me a whole bag for $2!


I found a pair of almost new Wrangler jeans at the local thrift store.  I cut about 12" from the towel at the border line and covered it with the waist band from the jeans.



From the 12" I cut out, I made a washcloth and used the jean trim to make the border for it.



Because the "Loews" monogrammed into the towel was wider than the pocket, I just covered it with denim, then added the pocket on top.



Have you ever tried to rip apart a stiff new pair of jeans?  Ugh!  But I think I did a fairly good job of replicating the set and I'm quite happy with them.  I'm reverting to my 1970s ways of denim....they used to actually call me "Blue Jean Jenny" in the office!!!  I don't think I have ever lost my love of denim and now I'm decorating with it!



So if you see something and you want it, best buy it right then and there.  Otherwise, you'll have to be like me and recreate it.  There is some joy in saying, "I made that!"  But on the other hand, there is joy in just going to the store and buying it!  :o)

Tomorrow starts the weekend retreat at the Abbey here in town.  I can't wait!  Time to start packing and I have no idea what I'm going to do!!!


No comments: