Monday, February 9, 2009

You're the best!

I've been at mom's this week, playing with watercolor paints. Not sure I've learned a whole lot, but I've sure been having a blast!

So today, I wanted to see if I could paint a picture to match the paper I was using. So here's what the original piece of paper looked like it's Scenic Route Paper, Sonoma, Red Bouquet. You can click on it to make it bigger:



I did a small (4x6) watercolor painting to match the flowers in the paper. Tucked it behind the flowers that I cut out. Notice that I even extended the leaves from the paper onto the watercolor paper. Then I inked pieces of daisies from the sheet of paper I used a couple of nights ago. This is a glitter lasercut sheet of paper in white. Love it! Then I used a Cricut to diecut the daisies in the center. You really can't tell much difference from those and the ones from the lasercut sheet. I also used the Cricut to create my title. I used a Heidi Swapp stencil to add flourishes on the background, my white pen to doodle and dot around them.



I gave this to one of mom's neighbors, Elaine - because she IS "the best"!

There is just nothing quite so fun as coming to mom's retirement center, playing with her and all her friends and neighbors, and understanding fully where I will be in 20 short years. YIKES! I best play hard while I can!!!

No comments: