Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Right there in front of me!

Do you ever have a light bulb moment? When the light in your brain finally flashes on? LOLOL!!! Well...I wanted velvet flowers. Little tiny ones. Couldn't find any anywhere. But I had this big pile of old flowers in little bags in a box in Lucy's Little Store. Of course, they didn't sell, and last week, I even tried to give them away and no one took me up on it.


So last night, I decided to take a closer look at them and see what I could do with them....a little undu...and my iron!


Look at this!  Gorgeous satin and organza flowers!!!


And there were TEN tiny velvet flowers in the lot!  Exactly what I needed!


When I first looked at this one, I almost gave up.  But I decided to go ahead and take it apart.....


And the results are fabulous!


This was my best surprise....a tiny rose...



And I ended up with 5 flat flowers!!!


Well, you now know that I'll be off to thrift stores tomorrow in search of more tiny flowers that I can take apart with undu, iron flat....and reuse on projects!  I'm not the least bit worried about the centers as I can use brads or rhinestones.  But I'm looking for white or cream flowers that I can airbrush.

Funny how some things can be right in front of you for ages and you don't even "see" them!!!

No comments: