Sunday, December 14, 2008

Radiant rain on a frozen winter's day

It's ZERO degrees here today with about 4" of fresh powder. A complete frozen tundra out there....so it's time for a little radiant rain in my life - Radiant Rain Daubers that is. Have you played with these? Available from After Midnight Stamps

They come in 2 fl oz bottles, are totally liquid as in watercolor paints, and go on with a very nice shimmer.











Take the lid off and gently tap until color comes onto your non-stick craft sheet:




Put down 3 colors and try not to overlap them - but it's ok if you do!



Put a piece of glossy cardstock glossy side down into the paint:




Turn it 1 time, about 45 degrees to the left of where you started:



Lift up, turn over and blot one time with a flat paper towel. I prefer VIVA paper towels as they are smooth - no pattern, and really absorb all the excess paint with only a single pat.

Here's the look I got first time!



It you have white areas, just swipe that area of the card back into the paint. These make great backgrounds! To finish off this project, I tapped my snowflake stamp into paint I put on the craft sheet then stamped it onto the background. Then I took 2 images and stamped them with black ink and used Crystal Stickles over the black ink. Comes out almost holographic.

You really need to try this technique to see just how much the Radiant Rain shimmers on the background - it's like Twinkling H2Os....just a whole lot faster and easier! For the final step, I went around the edges with the tip of the dauber.

I do hope you're having fun on this cold wintery day!!!





2 comments:

Debby said...

Well. Why didn't I think of that. this is wonderful! I'm off to play. I actually have some RR daubers. Whoo hoo!

wwilloww said...

Easy looks good right about now!!! Thanks for the technique!!