Saturday, December 13, 2008

and a partridge in a pear tree.....

oh dear, no, it's "and a snowflake in a fake tree!" LOLOL! So, I took all the paper snowflakes and hung them on my fake tree in the family room and added lights to it - oh what fun!!!





I have another fake tree in the entry way - I think I'll be cutting out paper snowflakes for the next month! The good thing....I can leave these up til it thaws next summer!!!

We went to dinner last night at the Melting Pot with friends. Yeah, sort of blowing Weight Watchers this week! But I forgot to post on Thursday that I lost another pound and Kerry maintained his weight loss. So together, we are now down 34 pounds! I am back to "being good" today. I think if we can just not gain for the next couple of weeks we will consider that a huge success!

Here's our best recipe this week: Sauteed Shrimp & Vermicelli

2 T butter ( I used "bet you can't believe"
1 pkg dry Italian dressing mix
1 # medium frozen shrimp, raw, peeled & deveined (let's make it easy!)
4 c cooked vermicelli (no fat or salt)

Melt butter in skillet, stir in dressing mix and add thawed shrimp. Saute 5 min. Put this over the pasta.

I honestly thought it would be too dry....but it's not! 7 points per cup - but trust me, a cup is more than enough - this only makes 4 cups!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Sounds yummy. You can cut the points by using a high fiber pasta. If you can find Dreamfields, it tastes fairly close to regular pasta.
Also, when making non-tomato sauce pasta dishes, I always reserve a little of the water the pasta was cooked in. You can add a little of this in if it seems to dry when you toss it up and it adds no points.

Jennifer Moore Lowe said...

Thanks! I did forget to mention that I always get whole wheat pasta, whatever brand has the highest fiber and lowest fat - the brand seems to change for the type of pasta. But yes, very good point!!! (or should I say very good "low" point!) LOL!

Jen