Saturday, August 23, 2008

Colorado Springs Show

Oh me! What a fabulous day!!! I got to the show at 8:30 am and just did not slow down for a second until 2:30 pm when I suddenly realized I was starving! Grabbed a quick burger and the next thing I knew, it was over for the day!

So many wonderful friends and new friends stopped at my demo table. My jaws still hurt from all the laughs!

A "new" friend who just happened to have the very same camera that I use! Great taste!



I'm not sure, but I think she bought 9 new dies! Oh me.....I do like gals like this! LOL!



This is Maria who owns Album Memories in Commerce City. She is just beyond cute and has me beyond hooked on getting her latestest and newest dies!



Here's Leesa. She owns Talk About Images which used to be Creative Impressions Rubber Stamps. Wow! Do I LOVE those stamps! So happy to see them back!!!



So, today, I was "supposed" to be using Spellbinders dies and Lucy McGoo stamps. But I had to add Scrapperdashery paper, Ranger ink, the white pen, stickles glitter..... and started desiging my own borders:



I love that with the new free-form dies you can position them anywhere on a piece of paper and cut them out....so you can make your own borders with them! And I used stickles on the background paper just for fun!



And I inked the background sheet


When we sold out of the heart dies (and I mean we literally sold everything in the booth) I switched to the paisley die and made this border:



Embossed the background with the paisley cuttlebug folder and added stickles:



did the flower and pot in metal, stickled it, stamped the dragonflies, stickled them....



Used the white pen over stamped swirls, then stickled that.....



After the butterflies, we did flowers....until ALL of those dies sold out!



The paisley nestie with the cuttlebug folder with stickles over it (after sanding it)



Used the paisley nestie to make a butterfly.....



Made doilies (just one piece of paper here!)



Showed how to do a separated frame with nesties....I happen to love this technique. Just too cute!



Stamped on nesties and stickled the embossed edges:



More nesties....just showing only a few of the hundreds of things you can do with them!



So, we do have some of the circles left. My goal for tomorrow is to sell out of the paisleys (2 left), sell all the hearts, then start on the circles! LOL! Oh, we sold out of a whole lot of other product today....a good reason to get to this show early! We had a line the length of the triple booth today waiting to get to the cash register. Three demo tables. Kathleen was making opals pendants, Linda was doing encaustic wax painting....and I was playing! My idea of a "perfect" day!

And yes, plenty of funny comments about my new short hair-do! OK....it's really short! LOL!

Can hardly wait for tomorrow and even more play time! Hope you can make it to the show!!!

No comments: