Sunday, May 4, 2008

Take time to renew

"but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles: they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint" Isaiah 40:31

My life verse. Picked when I was 12 years old. My strength is renewed daily because I find my hope in Jehovah.

But sitting by the sea, looking at the grandeur of His designs, I could feel my body renewing itself. Breathing in the salt air, I felt like I could run again, even at my age.



"But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear Him, and His righteousness with their children's children". Ps 103:17

I look to the skies and know that it is because of my parents that I believe in Jehovah.



If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your well-being like the waves of the sea. Isaiah 48: 13

There must be a reason why I find such comfort sitting by the sea, watching and listening to the waves!



My favorite flower is the callalily. The first time I saw one, I think I gasped. Simple, clear beauty. Hos 14:5 repentatant Israel shall "blossom as the lily."



And the lily was an architectural ornament, translated "lily-work," which appeared upon the capitals of the columns in the temple porch (1 Ki 7:19)



I have come to sit by the sea for a spell, to listen to the sound of the waves, to behold the beauty of the flowers, to heal my spirit and my soul....and to play. It has been absolutely wonderful!

And now, I have traveled home and will pick up life where I left off 3 weeks ago.

No comments: