Thursday, May 1, 2008

Card-making with quilt scraps!

In the back of the store, there are huge boxes filled with quilt scraps that are for sale. $3.00 for 50 pieces. They are the remnants from a company that makes medical scrubs and bundled in matching "pieces". I went through some of the boxes just to see what was there and pulled out a few pieces and decided that we could make "bling" cards. Mind you that "bling" just does not show up in the camera's eye....but they still look pertty good!



I used white staz-on ink for the flourish stamps. Nestabilities to cut the windows.



Took a fine tipped glue pen and drew over the lines in the fabric, dropped glitter down, dusted off the excess. I think you can see the detail here:



For this one, I cut the flower out, then laid it on top of the card and "sealed" the edges with glossy accents. Used Ranger's white pen to alter the flourish stamps.



Getting a ton of comments on these this week! Maybe we can make some on Friday! But is this not gorgeous fabric? I've yet to meet the nurse wearing these as scrubs! There are hundreds more patterns in the boxes, so if you quilt and live in San Diego, come on down and just come to the back of the store!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just looked at some of your incredible classes and I want to take them all. My problem is that I can't do that right now. I hope you will be in San Diego teaching classes again soon.

Lynn Moss