Wednesday, November 21, 2007

ART IS LIKE DANCING....

Art is like dancing
there is a beat
there are steps and moves
and you create
a new form of music
for the world to hear.
It has the passion
of a great orchestra
and it has the quiet sound
of a single piano key
it takes you places
you never knew existedp
It can make you feel
right at home.

Well, when I have my moments, the poetry and writing just seems to flow from me.  I truly believe that my art is inspired a lot by my childhood memories of music.  We didn't have a whole lot.  But when I was 10, I received a clarinet for my Christmas present.  Mom & Dad were just so smart!   I could "buy" the clarinet by earning 50 cents for each half hour that I practiced.  Even in the early 60s, it took me hours and hours to "own" it!  But I did learn how to play it, so well, that I played First Chair for a few years in band.  There were also piano lessons and private voice lessons.  I even managed to take first place with a solo "Jesus Wept" at an all state contest held at Ball State University.  I still have the blue medal somewhere.

So, music was a huge part of my childhood.  The 4 Moore girls sang as a quartet at church probably from the time the youngest sister could stand up.  I have no idea how many songs are embedded in my brain and on some days, I just start to sing them for no reason at all.  Other than they make me happy.

This week, my hubby surprised me with the gift of a new digital (musical) keyboard.  So expect to hear more about that as I learn how to digitally make music.

I turned the poem above into a rubber stamp available thru After Midnight Stamps.

And today, I'm playing with Spellbinder's "flying Beauties" die and the Paisley Nestabilities die.



I'm working on a tutorial for this as well, but wanted to showcase these dies.  I used Stamping Up paper.  
I believe it's the "Outlaw" package.

I used the Stencil Collection's pastel chalks.  I happen to have the 48 set and use them all the time...wait til you see the tutorial!!!



And I'm using real Swarovski crystals to add some bling to the cards! They came from Scrapbook Your LIfe! in San Diego....one of my fav places to shop!

The swirly stamps are by Autumn Leaves.

And here's the paisley die....embossed with a Sizzix texture plate.  Nothing like mixing it up with competing companies!  LOL!  But what a gorgeous effect I get!



Music and art.  I am so blessed!  And when I allow.....they can take me places I never knew existed....they can make me feel right at home.

No comments: