Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I do like to play!

Yes, even at my age, it's just too much fun! This is my little JLo doll and playhouse that we did in some recent workshops in Phoenix and San Diego.

She's Lucy. I've used a Lucy McGoo stamp for her face. A spellbinders diecut for her overalls. Her body is a 4.5" wood artist's manikin. I printed her shirt and apron. She's inked with Ranger's distress inks. She even has a few tatoos on her arms and legs. I used foam nibs to do the detail work on her face. She's just a doll!



I grew up loving paper dolls, dolls and doll houses. How fun to design a "doll house" as a card. It's 12" tall and 4" wide. The embossing is done with a Fiskar's texture plate in the Wizard. I've used several Spellbinders dies and layered them with Cuttlebug dies, Revolution dies, Sizzix dies, Sizzix texture plates, Spellbinders texture plates, Lucy McGoo stamps, Ranger inks and some rhinestone brads. It's a castle fit for any princess!



Inside, I've used mostly cuttlebug embossing folders, but there's som embossed K&Co paper as well as a Sizzix texture plate. I used lots of corner punches just for fun. I have this thing called the cornucopia that lets you take any punch and turn it into a corner punch....just so much fun!



And when you set it up as a trifold...it looks like a village house. I'd love to do about 5 more and have them sitting in a row. This was such a fun class to teach. We had a Halloween house, a Christmas house, a beach house...the possibilities are just endless. By the way, the entire thing is made with white cardstock except for the black cardstock used to back the quadrants inside. It's a great way to start to design your own background papers.....it's just a great way to play!

No comments: