Friday, October 26, 2007

More metal clay in glass

Oh, I do love to tease!!! So I'm sharing my "worst" pieces here! The stuff no one wants! Yesterday I shared the gekko under glass. So, what do you do with the negative? You fuse it as well! I do love my experiments. This was on a rather lumpy piece of dichroic glass...so I didn't like the end results as well. And I barely polished it....but it still remained silver during the refire and did not go white on me. For this, I used black backed dichroic glass, the negative paper type, and clear glass on top.



I think if I wrap some silver around the outside of this....clay and/or wire...I will end up liking it just fine. But what a great way to use every ounce of the paper type silver. In fact, when I teach classes, I've started buying back the negative space from my students at $1.00 per ounce. They love the "discount" they get.....and I love having all the little scraps!

And what do I do with the scraps? Well, you will just have to wait until Belle Armoire Jewelry publishes those pieces! Like I said, I do love to tease!

No comments: