Monday, July 12, 2010

and the winner is......

The Jewish Genealogy Society of Colorado!!!



There was an international poster contest where each society could enter a design. I designed this poster for the Colorado group....and we won!!! So I have to explain - this was my first foray into what I'm going to call digi-digi art. You should give it a try!

A few days ago, I uploaded a piece of background paper that I had made using photoshop (digital scrapping). I printed out that sheet, then used my Circut (digital diecutting) to cut the tree (Heritage cartridge) and stars (Joys of the Season cartridge) in regular cardstock. Inked the edges, attached them to the background paper and scanned them back in. The rest of the poster was done using photoshop. Quite easy, gave it some dimension, and really fun to do.

I used Tina's Yiska Hebrew Brushes in photoshop. Ranger distress ink. My Epson 13x19 printer finally came to use once I got the ink in the cartridges flowing again! Oh, I used some other photoshop brushes to create the flourishes on the background paper - no idea who created them. But I like the idea of combining what you can do in photoshop with what you can do with the cricut. Digi-digi. Fun stuff!

I'm so honored to have been asked to design this poster. Thanks Ellen!!!

No comments: