Friday, June 25, 2010

The early bird


Mom and dad used to say

The early bird gets the worm....

or

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy and wise!

I remember as a kid just groaning and moaning about having to get up so early. I really was a sleepy head.

Today, I read this online:
"The men who have done the most for God in this world have been early on their knees. He who fritters away the early morning, its opportunity and freshness, in other pursuits than seeking God will make poor headway seeking Him the rest of the day. If God is not first in our thoughts and efforts in the morning, He will be in the last place the remainder of the day." - E. M. Bounds
So, I am going to try something for the next few weeks. I'm going to try and get up early every single day and spend an hour studying scripture. I'm going to put God first in my thoughts and efforts in the morning....and just see where the rest of my day goes.

Maybe I'll get some creative juices flowing. Or maybe I'll just survive summer gardening in my yard!

In the meantime, I've been designing Judaica backgrounds. Not many companies out there that do this - at least not the way I'd like to see it done. This one is part ink, part digital. It's 11x17. Feel free to print and use it if you want!


No comments: