Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Israel 2010


My sister, April, and I are going back to Israel! Our second trip. We've got our airfare booked and the trip deposit taken care of......so now, I can get excited!!!

I want to learn everything I can about the places we are going on this trip before we go. We will be traveling with JNF - the Jewish National Fund. Our itinerary is amazing. We are traveling 5 star premium and will be staying at the King David hotel in Jerusalem.

One of the things I have always wanted to do is visit Nahalat Benyamin. It's an artist's market. I hope to be inspired to create and design even more Judaica. I painted this while in Ft Lauderdale - inspired by a business card I saw:


We get to plant a tree in Israel. Take a Jeep ride in the Golan. Visit the Banias springs. We hope to go up on top of Temple Mount and explore the tunnels and step stone structures.

Our friends have invited us to attend a 24 hour shabbat at their home and I think that is the most exciting part of the whole trip! But we're also going to snorkel off the coast of Eilat and I think that's pretty exciting as well.

October 13 - 27. I'm sure waiting is going to drive me insane - I'm ready to go next week!

No comments: