Wednesday, December 16, 2009

night 6 - Eight Nights of Lights 2009

Humor

Mom always said, "forgive and forget". So when I would get mad at my sister, mom would patiently tell me that I had to forgive her and then forget about it. So, I went off to church and asked someone how many times you had to forgive something and was promptly told: 70 times 7. That's 490 times. Yes, I went home and started counting. I was probably around 12 years old. And when I got to 490, I went back to mom and said, "Now I don't have to forgive her anymore." I explained that I had been counting. And mom said, "Jennifer, if you truly forgive, then you will forget. And if you have forgotten, how can you remember that it has been 490 times?"

LOLOL!!!!

And with that, I gave up not forgiving. It was such a great lifetime lesson. I learned to forgive, to forget, and to laugh at myself.




So, tonight, pick one person in your life. Forgive them. And then find someting humorus in your thoughts about them. Even if it's as simple as "wow - I spent all that time being mad at them!" I honestly don't think any of my sisters or my brother could ever do anything to make me angry at them these days. But as kids - oh yeah! No less than 300 times a day! LOLOL!!! Age does have it's blessings!!!




I'm going back to Friendly Plastic tonight because I find it completely humorous. The possibilities are endless. You can use funky face stamps, an image from the internet....or use your imagination to create your designs. I hope you enjoy what I've done with it.






Or you can turn it into something meaningful and beautiful like this Star of David. Bet you're wondering how I got the lines to go over and under? It's all in how you layer your Friendly Plastic strips!



Do you think Abraham, Isaac and Jacob was a rock group during the 60's?

When the pastor tells you to turn to First Condominums, do you look it up?

Do you think the minor prophets worked in the quarries?

If so, you just might want to read your Bible a little more often!!!

LOLOL!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I needed that. Love the lesson....forgive and forget. We all need to do more of that. Food at the proper time.