Friday, May 8, 2009

The real joy of teaching!

Got back home last night - totally exhausted! Trying to catch up on mail and emails and have some incredibly exciting news to report!! Liz Welch is coming from England to share her knowledge of Friendly Plastic at our retreat this fall! I'm so excited I probalby won't sleep for another week!!! This thing is just growing and growing! But for now, I still have so much to share from the last 2 weeks.........


My last day, my last class at Scrapbook Your Life, and little Miss Sophia brought me to tears when she presented me with this bouquet....

We made Melissa Frances altered art boxes.....these are what she and her Grandma Carol made:

But the best gift is the hugs she gave me.....over and over and over!  She ended up taking 4 classes with me and I'd have her as a student any day!  What a delight!

So, Miss Sophia, I do hope you get a skype camera soon so you and I can chat any time!!!  I need to see what you are doing!  And I hope you have fun on your summer trip to North Carolina with your grandma!  

Oh!  the real joy of teaching....meeting people, making new friends that will last a lifetime, laughing, giggling, but most of all.....hugging!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell Miss Sophia is a very sweet, young artist that MUST continue her artist adventures. (And, I can see her relationship to her grandmother--their smiles are alike.) I sure Miss Sophia can teach us all a thing or two.

Anonymous said...

GLAD U MADE IT HOME , YOU ARE MISSED ALREADY, AND YES LITTLE MISS WAS A DELIGHT TO HAVE WITH US, SHE JUST TAKES YOUR HEART AWAY
ANGELA

Jennifer Moore Lowe said...

Angela....I'm plotting and planning my next trip already!!! Think "anniversary". :o)