Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mom

has had a minor stroke. Her right hand doesn't want to work. Well, I seem to think perhaps she just needs to let it rest for a bit.  After all - she's used it well for 78 years.


She grew up on a farm - a working farm - and I'm sure she used it tons there......


She was a registered nurse and then a Family Nurse Practitioner.....and you know she used it there.  Not just helping those who were ill, but studying to keep up with what was new, what she needed to know.


HA!  Yes, she used it to spank me....but I know I deserved every one I got and love her for it. My....did she ever have her hands full back then?  And there was one more added after this photo!


Well, I think riding a horse at this age might have given me a stroke!  But just look at her waving!

My gosh - didn't we all grow up?

Yeah, I think she just needs to rest a little bit.  It will heal.  Physical therapy will help.  Maybe Mom, it's time to slow down!  With card making classes, watercolor classes......playing with all your friends at your retirement center.....


But I can certainly understand the frustration of not being able to write, to paint, to hold a cup of coffee....

And she has used it to create amazing art....

That adorns every wall in my house


Some of it is simply astounding to me.....


I wake up inspired every single day.....


Inspired to do more, be a better person, but mostly, I wake up and look at the art that surrounds me 24/7 and wonder why my hands don't do more!


So to mom.....let that hand rest and heal.  To myself - do a little more today, appreciate time a little more, pray a little more, be a little more thankful...and just remember, it's "God's will be done".





1 comment:

Millie said...

OMG Jen You resemble your mom very much!!! I can see where you get your talent from....what a wonderful tribute to her on your blog....TFS her story with us.
Hugs, Millie..