Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Half way to goal!

No! I'm not on a diet! But I sure should be!!!



The day I started this blog, I decided to challenge myself and see if I could post for 365 days in a row. I'm half way there today!!! 183 blogs in a row!!!

I had no idea where this was going to take me, nor how much fun it was going to be. It has forced me to take time on a near daily basis to write, to create, to play. I have met some wonderful new friends through this blog and I have found that I actually like doing tutorials! (I've written 18 of them so far!) I've even been asked to teach blogging to one of my art groups!

This blog has spurred me to start a separate blog for my genealogy and to start sharing the stories of my ancestors that I have collected for nearly 40 years. So yes, not only do I write here....I write there! I've gotten mom to start her own blog and tell her stories. And my sis, Colleen, is now blogging. It's like a family epidemic!!!

So, a few statistics. 10,386 people have clicked onto my blog and not everyone just clicks and leaves because 15,079 pages have been looked at. Isn't that just amazing? The average time a person spends here is 2 minutes and 15 seconds, but I've seen some who have stayed over an hour. There was one day alone when over 500 people looked at my blog. 58 people subscribe to my blog. That just amazes me! And I've had viewers from these countries: Australia, UK, Italy, Canada, Greece, Thailand, Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Sweden, Poland, India, Egypt, France, India, Poland, Israel, New Zealand, Japan, and Mexico in just the past month.

Blogging has taught me so much about html, about writing and fixing code, and I even learned how to make a drop down menu for my labels because there were getting to be so many. I'm thinking about trying drop down menus on a few other topics along the side of my home page.

It's also taught me how to digital scrapbook. My banner has been re-done in a digital format. Sort of fun...all this learning at my age!

So, 182 more blogs to go to meet my goal of one full year of writing every single day. Hmmm.....maybe I should start that diet, too. OK. Tomorrow. Maybe.......

LOLOL!!!

3 comments:

Anita Van Hal said...

Hi Jen!

Congrats! I haven't been blogging long myself, but haven't done it everyday! What a great goal! I do try to blog at least 3-4 times a week because that forces me to design! I don't remember how I found your blog but I do subscribe, and have been reading it for well over a month...I love it! I love your "style" of writing and creating! You continue to inspire me, and I look forward to "hearing" from you each day!

Anita Van Hal
hppt://www.anitastamps.com
stampn@westriv.com

Theresa said...

Hi Jen,
Congrats on making it halfway! I just started blogging recently. Can you clue me in as to how I can track all the stats you mentioned for my own blog?
Theresa
http://goingscrapbooky.blogspot.com/
tbergen35@yahoo.com

Jennifer Moore Lowe said...

sitemeter.com and feedburner.com. Simple, easy and free. :o)