Saturday, February 9, 2008

Kiss the Cook

After cooking for 33 years, I decided that when I retired from the office, I would retire from the kitchen as well! LOL! OK, so I do still cook, but not near as often or as much as I did when the boys were growing up. We do tend to eat out a lot and I've already blogged about our favorite place, Zamparelli's.

In my recent craze of doing cigar box purses, I decided to do one as a gift for Nancy, one of the owners of Z's. And I just think this little purse it way too cute!



It's relatively difficult to find Italian embellishments. So the grapes are from a broken necklace. Not bad, huh?



Basic Gray paper, lots of Peeled Paint and Spiced Marmalade inks as those are the colors on the wall inside the restaurant. I used Glossy Accents to adhere everything. This side is all EK Success stickers....distress, inked, taken apart, put back together as a collage....I like the bread board.



More EK Success stickers. I just love them! Fun how you can totally change the look by distressing them.



For the back, I just printed out their website logo.



The beads on the handle are from another old necklace. I buy them at garage sales and flea markets every chance I can. Thrift stores are another good source for broken bits of jewelry. Never know when it will come in handy.



Looking straight down on the top of the purse....quite a collage of things! But just so much fun!!!



In the top right corner, I just had to giggle when I came across the wine opener and the tiny cork. Perfect for this piece.



In the lower left hand corner, more tiny charms, the pot holders are more EK Success that have been inked.



The chef's hat, more EK Success. and the wine glasses, more pieces of jewelry.



I'm going to surprise Nancy with this on Monday when I'm taking 10 gals over for lunch (again!). Kiss the cook? Anyone who wants to cook lunch for me deserves more than that! Think she will like it?

2 comments:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Another amazing piece!

Margie Higuchi said...

Jen! OMGosh!! She is just going to flip over this!!! WOW! I would! LOL!!! You have to take a picture or someone! VERY VERY cool gift! Hmmm...my LSS is next to a cigar store....hmmm! LOL!! TFS!