Monday, January 14, 2008

What do you see?

When we were in Israel, our tour guide told us that the city of Jerusalem is shaped like the Hebrew letter “Shin”. The Valley of Ben Hinnom, Tyropoeon Valley and Kidron Valley form the 3 arms of this symbol which can represent “Shaddai,” a name of God. Thus, the name of God has been literally stamped on the city. Amazing when I first saw this flower, I thought of a “Shin”. His presence is in all that I see.



I see the shin in flourishes and stamps, in everyday designs. I most often see it in flames. Is it my creative eye? Do I alter everything I see? Or do I just look at things differently?

All through college and graduate school, I had a continuum of papers on the subject of selective perception. Why do we see, do, say, feel the things we do? It's based on the inputs that we have had in our life....we choose from those the "definitions" that define what we see. Our perceptions are selective in that they are based on "what goes in is what comes out". Example: if the world tells you that you are an artist, then you will believe that you are an artist.

Is the glass half full or half empty?

What do you see when you look at a flower? I choose to see Him as The Artist.

Once again, from my "6 Degrees" blog, may you never cease to realize that Jehovah's imagination can be the inspiration for who you are and for what you do!

No comments: