Friday, October 26, 2007

Metal Clay and Dichroic Glass

I am having so much fun with metal clay diecuts fused between a layer of clear glass and dichroic glass on the bottom. Now, trust me, I have had numerous failures....but I think I have the process down pat. Just a few more test runs and I'll be ready to publish the steps.




It's very hard to photograph to get the full impact of how shimmery and glittery this piece is. There's a bottom layer of black backed dichroic glass, a pre-fired, polished diecut using Art Clay Silver paper type, and then a layer of clear glass on top of that. All fused together.

Many artists have told me that the silver will turn white when fused between the glass...but I've got it worked out now. The gekko is not white, but a very high polish silver. Just the most fun ever. I'll be firing more this weekend as I'm going to teach the process when I'm in San Diego in December.

2 comments:

Pat Evans said...

Where in San Diego will you be teaching, Jen?

Jennifer Moore Lowe said...

I will be at Stamping Details in Poway on 12/28, 29, & 30. I will be posting class samples on my blog soon. Well...if you are like me, "soon" can be a month away! LOL!

Hope to see you there! You can watch the store website as she is quite good about keeping her schedule posted.