Friday, February 14, 2014

Frosted glass

OK, I have to say, I LOVE how this turned out!  It started as a clear glass jar from the thrifty store.  Look at the bottom - it has frills on the glass!  It was sort of scratched up and yellowed with age.  I cleaned it as best as I could and then I airbrushed the inside of the glass with my copic system.



I took some of the double-sided tape  (using a lot of Elizabeth Craft Designs products on this one)  and put the sticky side up and placed the peel-off on top of that.  I've used the brand new doll peel-offs.  Covered it with microfine (cool) glitter, burnished the glitter, cut out the shape, then peeled the back off and stuck it on the outside of the glass.  Note - I airbrushed the inside of the glass.

Next, using q-tips and 91% rubbing alcohol, I removed the "paint" from the inside of the jar where the oval was:


This gives me a totally glittery, frosted look to the glass!




Tied a silk ribbon around the bottom, added some bling, stuck a candle down inside the jar....and I think it's just perfect!

I haven't done a youtube tutorial in quite some time, but this may just be the next one I do!!!


1 comment:

CraftyJo said...

Fabulous Jen, I don't know where you get your ideas from but I do appreciate you sharing them :)