Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Altering an oil lamp

I'm now more convinced than ever that you can alter anything!  This was clear glass from top to bottom - picked it up cheap at the local Goodwill store.



I added blue and clear crystals from Hobby Lobby.  And I tossed in a bag of metal diecut star of davids that I picked up at McGuckin's hardware this week.  Shook it well and filled it with oil.  It really works!


For the base, I used acrylic paint and dabbed it on with a square of cut 'n dry foam.  It goes on quite smooth, no streaks.  Paint inside the glass and it looks pearl from the outside.  Then I used my bejewler and made this star from Creative Crystals flat backed swarovsky crystals.  Cameras just do not show the bling!


Finally, I tied a ribbon of white silk around the neck of the lamp.  It truly is a gorgeous addition to my Hanukkah lights collection!

May Jehovah light each step of the path of your life!

Be sure to check out these links:
My Etsy Store
My ebay auctions

No comments: