Friday, November 14, 2008

The longest yard

And she knits, too! Yep, my "first" scarf. OK, Grandma House tried to teach me how to knit when I was in highschool and I totally failed. But my friend, Kelly, has a collections of fibers that just scream "make a scarf out of me", so this is my practice scarf - 2 yards long! No, I didn't use Kelly's fibers, I used new yarn from Hobby Lobby. Kelly will be here Monday and we are going to make a new scarf. In the meantime, I hope to make one more, just for practice.



2 skeins. You know, not the easiest thing to start with, but I did it in a couple of afternoons. 10 stitches wide, # 11 needles.



Loving the colors in this. Hey mom, do you want it? LOL! And how did I learn? Well, Lion Brand yarn has wonderful illustrated step shots, and Thread Heads has a perfect 5 minute video - in case you want to learn as well.



I just think Grandma would be happy that 40 years later, I finally knitted something!

2 comments:

TA Carbone said...

Jen this is great. Love it. Now is that Wool or Acrylic?

TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com

Jennifer Moore Lowe said...

Mostly acrylic, but a combination. I've started the second one 30 times tonight! LOL!