Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm not a cardmaker!

But the gals in San Diego convinced me to put together some card classes. And in order to do that, I decided that they had to be quick, easy, and fun! So, I invested in some new Sizzix dies. This one is from Kit 2 and let me tell you - it took about 2 seconds to make this card!



Using the same die to cut the paper with no window, then run it through a cuttlebug folder and sand the top - another 10 second card! (OK, maybe it really too me 60 seconds - but it was just fast!)



Same technique, but debossed and inked rather than embossed and sanded. I truly love the way this one came out. I may do a bit more debossing and inking!



And then, just because mom likes to give gift boxes filled with candy to her new friends in her retirement center, I bought a box making die!



I simply recut the top flap in a second color, sanded and inked it:



Then attached it to the top flap of the box:



I really need to find that cuttlebug "thank you" embossing folder for this little box. Hmmm - guess I need to go shopping!

So, even though I'm still not a cardmaker, I think it's quite fun to make these little cards to give away. For the class, it's going to be "make as many cards as you can in 2 hours" and I think there has to be a prize for the person who makes the most cards! Maybe I'll buy 2 of those embossing folders and you can take home one of them if you make the most cards!

Oops! I think I need to go find some candy to put in that box!!!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Looks like a fun class!