Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Doillie making 101 with your Nesties

This demo was such a hit at the convention I decided to share it here! How to make doillies with your nestabilities.



All you do is diecut the largest sized die.

Take the paper out of the die.

Line up all the other dies inside of the large die.

Place the paper back inside the die

Emboss.

The cut lines will emboss deeper than the emboss lines....and the layers will look like a doillie when you are done.



I put the butterfly diecut on this one:



Here's a side view so you can see the depth:



This one was inked with just one color and the diecut put on the side. Note that you achieve the white lines because you start with white cardstock and the "cut" lines are debossed so deep that when you ink the paper, the ink won't go down into the lines...they just remain white.



You can do this same technique with any of the nestabilities. The more ink you apply, the darker the top emboss ridge becomes. I could sit and do these for hours! Well, ok, I did just that at the show! And even though I still say I'm not a card maker, I think some of these would make wonderful cards!!!

No comments: