Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Vacation Journal p 1

HELLO San Diego!!! I'll be on my way tomorrow morning and meeting with 30 or so of my best friends at Phil's BBQ tomorrow night (the 4th!) I can hardly wait! I've been busy making this wonderful travel journal to take with me to Israel in October...and my gift to my friends will be the instructions. So here's a teaser....just the first page. There are 11 pages - alot of them are envelopes. If you've taken my classes at Scrapbook Your Life! you know that I just love making journals with pockets and flaps and hidden things!




I used Fancy Pants "Road Show" paper for this. Found some pink tape measure ribbon (behind the word TRAVEL). This first page is an envelope, so the dress form is on the flap that will open out. Lot's of rubons. What I like about the design is that I will give you the templates and you can use any paper, any theme....custom design it for you!

That flourish on the left is hand set Swarovsky Crystals using my Bejeweler. I simply hand sketched the flourish with a pencil, then set the crystals on top of it. Gotta love it!!!



This is the inside of the envelope. 3 large tags going inside the envelope. On the flap is a photo mount with 4 tags behind it. FUN!!!



On the back of the envelope, a journaling mount with rubon flourishes added to it.



Now, I need to point out that the word "TRAVEL" is actually an EK Success sticker that read "Traveler". If you take undu to any EK Success layered sticker, you can take them apart, rearrange the letters, make it say anything you want! So I now have a leftover E and R that will go into my bin for another project later on Isn't this just the cutest sticker ever?

Just for fun: A E E L R R T V are the letters you have with this sticker when you take it apart

Travel
Treat
Real
Reel
Tar
Rat
Lever

see where I'm going with this? You your imagination whenever you look at a pre-made embellishment - especially when it's a word!

If you can't make it to San Diego, well, hang on. I'm planning on teaching a similar journal (same patterns and templates, different papers) on Cool2Craft and you'll be able to order a kit with the exact same papers that I use in that journal!

I can smell the ocean already!!! Gotta get those bags packed!!!

No comments: