Sunday, July 18, 2010

Altered Chicos

I love Chicos. But you know, after awhile, I get tired of jewelry. So I thought I'd share how I altered 3 necklaces that I picked up a few years back at Chicos at a clearance table.


For this one, I added a few star of david charms:

I didn't take "before" photos, but I think you can tell what it looked like


Since these were on the sale table, I'm not real sure if they were complete.

I added a lot of seashells and beads to this one and more charms:

a tree of life over a chai

I added some wood beads, too

This one hangs down almost to my waist. The original pendant was just the top stars and moon and oval. The angel and rectangle were on another pendant, I added the star of david charms.

Adding charms and beads is like layering a card or scrapbook page. The more there is to look at, the better it looks. I had worn each of these necklaces before and no one even noticed them. But since altering them - I get compliments every time I wear them!

So go take a look at the jewelry in your closet and see what you can add, combine, mix up and alter. You'll be amazed at what you can do!

No comments: