Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Gone forever

I lost my mom
I lost my dad
And then my sisters, too
I lost my brother
Lost my friends
And then the world
lost me.

The art in me
The art in them
The art in all of us
It’s gone forever
Flown away
Like the butterflies…..

and me



Think about it. 1,500,000 children who perished in the Holocaust and their art is gone forever. What might have been will never be.

They cannot make a butterfly.

But you can! And there's still time!



Email this blog to everyone you know. We need 1,500,000 handmade butterflies!!!

So, after my genealogy story yesterday, I wrote the poem. Then I printed it on canvas and fringed the edges.


Colleen had made this background strip in one of Jana Ewy's playshops last month.....and she didn't know what to do with it! So I used scraps, charms, and cookie cutters to make the 3 little butterflies and set them on the strip.

And it just looks wonderful!




They can't play. They can't make art. They lost that when their lives were taken in the Holocaust. Please take just a few minutes out of your day to make a handmade butterfly to add to the Houston Holocaust Museum's memorial.

Do it for them.

Because you can.

No comments: