Monday, October 19, 2009

The McGoo Girls

Have you seen these little wood dolls at your craft store?

After last years retreat, Kathy and Rose went shopping and came up with the idea to do a challenge with these dolls. Kathy coordinated the whole thing.

While they come in a variety of styles, the first one I saw had the name "Lucy" on it. And because I own a little business called "Lucy McGoo" - I've dubbed them the "McGoo" girls.

Kathy sent these blank dolls out around the world. She decided to "unveil" them at this year's retreat by casting ballots and making up categories for winners. Each entry won a gold cup, but there were overall winners as well. But before I show you the whole girl....I wanted you to see the detail with some of these closeup shots:

You would never see this unless you got up real close.....tiny words in print make up the texture of her skin

This paint can can't be more than 1/8" tall

Real sea shells:

Shrink plastic charms on a belt....ever so tiny

You can just see the tip of her paper folded skirt

Fabric glued to make her clothes, beads, drilled through the wood....

Doll hair or wig? I hope it wasn't hand curled!

lace, netting, silk flowers
the tiniest little bits and bobs to make up an art collage:

loads of glitter
I'll share the dolls tomorrow or the next day.....just wanted you to get an idea of the detail that some of these women went to in decorating and adorning them. Oh, we also voted on these dolls and I guess I get to announce the winners here! But I think you need to have a bit of suspense added to the mix! LOL!

My house is soooooooo quiet! Linda went home yesterday and I decided to throw a Friendly Plastic party this Thursday.....just because it's way too quiet around here! We'll work on butterflies for the Amaco competition and maybe even get Linda to skype in for a bit!

I also need to go take photos of the "treasure" hunt that Linda sent me on after she left! She hid treasures around my house....as part of my "new" home decor! Can't wait to share more of the fun that we've had these past 2 weeks!

No comments: