Thursday, June 18, 2009

Vintage tissue paper garland

Taking a break from Friendly Plastic, today was Basement Babes. I have split this group out in to 3 days a month. I may be dead before this weekend is over. Not from playing....but from laughing!!!! What a fun day today!

Kathleen was sitting next to me and she says, "Jen, I was just wondering if you have a cleaning lady?"

I reply, "No, why?"

She says, "I just don't know how you do everything you do and keep this house clean!"

I said, "Oh! come here!!!" And I took her around the corner and pointed out the cobwebs in the top of the cathedral ceiling - proof that I never do clean!!!

Today we experimented with tissue paper and crepe paper. Tonight, I'll share our garlands.....I don't think they need any words except to say that the glitter spray we used (and I just loved!) is by Illinois Bronze and you can get it at Michaels.

Enjoy the pics!






















Some of these were made by folding the paper over and over. Some were made by doing accordian folds, and some were made by cutting the paper in strips. Some used a single sheet - and one used 5 sheets of tissue paper. I think they all turned out just stunning!!!

While we did experiment some with glittering processes - the spray I mentioned above is the best. No need to try spray adhesive and glitter - it just is too heavy for tissue paper.

Shelly is here for a couple of nights from Nebraska, so we're off to Zincetti's for dinner. Ya think I can stick to Weight Watchers while I'm there? I may give up and start again Sunday when she leaves town!

2 comments:

Shery said...

This are great!
How did you do it? I know you folded some, but did you sew them? Can you make like a small tutorial?

THANKS!

parasols and maryjanes said...

I love these. You have done a fine job, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how you did it. Folding, then what? When and where does one string them together?
Thanks,
Carol